[mythtv-users] running mythfrontend over nx session

Dan Wilson dwilson at dslextreme.com
Wed Oct 7 19:48:44 UTC 2009

I occasionally access my computers remotely.  One of them is a combined
be/fe (running 0.21).  If I attempt to run mythfrontend in the nx
session, the screen comes up, but no arrow key input seems to be
accepted - esc works to bring me to the exit prompt, and tab moves the
selection to the "yes I really want to exit", and enter works both there
and to start viewing live tv from the main menu, but I can't get the
arrow keys to move the menu selection up or down.  Has anyone ever tried
this and gotten it working?

I don't intend to watch videos remotely, I don't expect that to work due
to bandwidth limitations, but I'd love to be able to schedule programs,
etc. via nx session.

Thanks for any help!

Dan.