[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10 / myth 0.22 & vdpau

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Oct 7 18:42:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 11:52:31AM -0400, Johnny wrote:
> > With the "slim" playback profile selected, mythfrontend.real uses around 27%
> > of the cpu and picture quality is fine.  But with a "vdpau" profile (no
> > deinterlacer) I get poor picture quality (lots of pixelization and sound
> > distortion) although cpu usage is reduced to around 10%.
> >
> > I have :-
> >
> > * 2xUSB DVB-T (UK)
> > * nvidia-185-libvdpau / myth 0.22.0~trunk22242-0ubuntu1 packages
>
> I am not sure which version of the 185 drivers you have, but myself
> and many other experienced these type of quality issues with the 185
> drivers. I rolled back to 180.60 and everything was fine. There are
> also some 190.36 beta drivers available. Or you can check and make

    I use this driver and it does not seem to have the sort of quality
issues described. I use the Ubuntu PPA packaged version.

[deletia]

    You also have to be careful that the driver is setup correctly and
it is being used as expected. I run with the "-v libav" option to get
suitable debug output for this.