[mythtv-users] Problems with Watching Recordings on Mac OS Mythfrontend

TJ Harris tjharris at weaselworkz.com
Wed Oct 7 18:19:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Alessandro
<alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to get a Mythfrontend for Mac OS working.
> I have setup Mplayer fine for videos etc, and the internal player is
> ok watching Live TV, but I can't watch any previous recordings.
>
> - Live TV works fine.
> - Mythvideo works fine, got it playing files via nfs mount using mplayer
> - Can see the recordings all listed correctly in watch recordings
> screen but when try to play them just get blank screen for couple
> seconds and it's back to the watch recording screen again.
> - tried the streaming/non streaming via backend options and neither
> makes any difference.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong here?
> I'm running the Mythfrontend for Mac 0.21 from
> http://macvana.com/mythtv/RELEASES/

0.21 is quite old.  Is that the same version as your backend?   I use
0.21-fixes, on my Mac frontend.

To debug problems, I start mythfrontend via a terminal session, with
the verbose debugging enabled.  For example: MythFrontEnd -v playback
That should give you more detail on what is failing.    The actual
executable will be located at: MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS