[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10 / myth 0.22 & vdpau

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:52:31 UTC 2009

> With the "slim" playback profile selected, mythfrontend.real uses around 27%
> of the cpu and picture quality is fine.  But with a "vdpau" profile (no
> deinterlacer) I get poor picture quality (lots of pixelization and sound
> distortion) although cpu usage is reduced to around 10%.
>
> I have :-
>
> * 2xUSB DVB-T (UK)
> * nvidia-185-libvdpau / myth 0.22.0~trunk22242-0ubuntu1 packages

I am not sure which version of the 185 drivers you have, but myself
and many other experienced these type of quality issues with the 185
drivers. I rolled back to 180.60 and everything was fine. There are
also some 190.36 beta drivers available. Or you can check and make
sure you have the most up to date version of the 185 driver. Some
people did indicate that they improved that version with the most
recent updates.