[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Oct 7 15:25:56 UTC 2009

Around about 06/10/09 12:01, Paul Gardiner typed ...
> I don't quite get this. What is it achieving over and above just a few
> database updates, like e.g. the ones below? I thought you might be
> picking up the xmltvids or correct channel numbers automatically,
> but you still seem to have those hardwired.

   It is using the updated scan data from tzap, and doing minimal updates to
the database from that instead of getting Myth to re-scan and potentially
stuff the channel, for all the reasons I've listed plus:  another post has
reminded me that Myth never managed to scan the channels properly for me
anyway, I had to do an import from a tzap channels.conf I'd made.

   I'd rather see the small no. of changes that need to be made to get the
tuning right, than rely on Myth magic I know has failed me in the past.

   That said, I'm am aware that I may have to take the plunge again at some
point, and am considering putting some of my wishes to one side and setting
the callsigns to match the broadcast names (so that a scan has a chance of
matching up again later;  I can change my script to do that), so I can see
myself using a version of the script you listed to reset xmltvid/channum
values anyway.

   But not yet.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature