[mythtv-users] New theme (blue-abstract) for MythTV 0.22+, available

Phil Linttell phil.linttell at rogers.com
Wed Oct 7 14:27:56 UTC 2009

On 10/07/2009 08:00 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:44:15 +0200
> From: Robert Siebert<Trebor_S at web.de>
>
> About the menu highlighting issue:
> I don't use gradients in the menu, only png-pictures. I haven't seen any of these strange menu problems.
> Have you all tried to delete the old theme cache? Do you use OpenGL painter?
> Another help would be to get some logging information about the theme, maybe there are some valuable information.
> I have some suggestions below for this issue. Please report if this works.

Hi Robert,

I tested the 6-October version of your theme on the latest trunk
(r22291) with the OpenGL painter.  Menu highlighting is working fine for me.

I did run into the highlighting problem with an earlier version, where I
had un-tarred your archive to a temp directory and then "cp -r" it to
/usr/share/mythtv/themes.  I found when I un-tarred the archive directly
to the themes directory that I didn't have the menu highlight problem.
I didn't investigate the root cause, but for others having problems it
might be worth a try.

Only comment on the current theme is that a little more vertical space
when in the native web browser would be nice.  Right now you have the
bookmarks menu across the top, and it takes real-estate away from the
browser.

Phil