[mythtv-users] Still tearing my hair out with Myth 0.21 on Fedora 11

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Oct 7 12:58:52 UTC 2009

Around about 07/10/09 13:11, Michel Meyers typed ...
> If the channels.conf contains all the channels, their frequencies and
> mplex IDs, you can use it by going to the channel scanner and selecting
> 'Scan Type' as 'Import channels.conf'.
>
> This should import the data into your database (populate the dtv_mplex
> tables etc etc)

   FWIW, when I first set up my DVB card, Myth's scan didn't work (this is
several 0.21 fix-releases go, mind), and I found it had only created one
(incomplete) dvb_multiplexes entry, thereby skipping most channels.

   I only got *mine* to work by importing the tzap channels.conf, ISTRT that
that populated the dtv table properly.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature