[mythtv-users] Anyone got an OrigenAE S10V Case

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Tue Oct 6 19:38:51 UTC 2009

>> remote.  There's no way to setup the on/off commands from the ascii
>> client as far as I know, I used the Windows GUI client and entered the
>> learned command names from my remote configuration into the entries on
>> the Device status page in that app, this updates the firmware on the
>> VF210 with the IR codes needed to handle on/off.  Then all you need to
>> do is ensure that you've hooked up the cabling from the VF210 correctly
>> so it can act as the on/off button.
[...]
> Looks like I need to install windows on an old drive as you can't
> upgrade the firmware without it either :(

Ive got the same case (although at some point I couldn't get the remote
working anymore, using a little bluetooth keyboard now) and am pretty
sure you can do this on the command line as well.

Have a look at the latter part of
<http://blog.peter.skarpetis.com/archives/2006/11/06/my-new-bitching-mythtv-box/>

	Herman