[mythtv-users] Anyone got an OrigenAE S10V Case

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:48:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Norm Dressler <mlists at dressler.ca> wrote:

> All the cases/modules for powering on usually require the module to be put
> between the power button and the motherboard or plugged directly to the mobo
> where the power button normally would go.  It is a rather trivial circuit to
> make it happen but that would definitely be required.

I have the S14V case and the VF210 module does get its standby power
connection from a connector running between the mobo's power
connectors and the PS cabling.  But it looks like a tap, not a break
in the circuit, from what I can tell.  Perhaps the mobo header
connector is what does the job.  The PDF of the wiring diagram is
here:  http://www.origenae.co.kr/board/bbs/download.php?bo_table=e_pds&wr_id=26&no=0

I don't plan to use this feature though, since my backend and frontend
both run on this one machine.  With the Zalman PS and Arctic Cooling
CPU fan, the box runs very quietly so it's not a nuisance to have it
on.

But it would definitely be interesting to hear how you fare toward
that goal, Roy!