[mythtv-users] Launch a video from a button?

Casey Bragg caseybragg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 16:38:30 UTC 2009

If I know the disk path to a movie and the movie's database ID (intid I think it is), is there a way to launch that movie or at least to jump to the launch page for that movie from a button?

In other words, I want to create a GUI button on my main MythTV starter screen that launches a movie at disk path /a/b/c. Alternatively, I'd like the button to jump to the launch page for that movie that displays the large cover image and the description of the movie.

I know how to edit the theme menus.  I'm just looking for the specific theme code for such a button.

Thanks!