[mythtv-users] Pedestrian LIRC question

Enigma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Sun Oct 4 16:18:19 UTC 2009

jraymyth at gmail wrote:

> I thought that I was well beyond the mundane LIRC problems, but I seem
> to be missing something in the steps that glue it to mythtv. My
> installation is 0.22 on Ubuntu 9.04, which I have installed nd wiped
> on a test box several times over the past month with no problems. I
> hope I am missing something obvious. Does anyone see anything?

If irw is working then LIRC is working.  Check your mythfrontend log
file, you should see something like:

2009-10-04 09:50:35.862 lirc init success using configuration file:
/home/mythuser/.mythtv/lircrc

If you don't see that, myth may have an error message in the same
place telling you what is wrong.  It may be a permissions problem,
make sure mythuser has at least read access to /home/mythuser/.mythtv
and /home/mythuser/.mythtv/lircrc