[mythtv-users] Time Stretch and S/PDIF

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 23:47:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Peter Carlsson <maillist.peter at home.se> wrote:

>> > mythbuntu, debian, fedora, you name it, is irrelevant at all...
>> >
>> > Those are linux distribution, not mythtv !

>> > this ticket has nothing to do with a particular distribution.
>> > It's for mythtv.
>> >
>> > So if you get a distribution, whichever it is, that package mythtv
>> > 0.22, this is what you get: mythtv 0.22
>> >
>> > The changes in this ticket won't be in MythTV 0.22
>> >
>> > What is so hard to understand?
>>
>> I guess once 0.22 is released we will get an 0.22-fixes. One question
>> is: "Will this ticket make it into 0.22-fixes?"
>>
>> If there is a possibility that the ticket will get into fixes, the
>> distro does matter, because some distros are more adept at keeping
>> their packages up to date with -fixes, some are slower.
>
> This is exactly what I ment! Mythbuntu is released every 6 month and
> seems to include the most recent MythTV (trunk) at that time, while
> Debian does not? At least not if you want to stay with stable (or
> testing).

No mythbuntu generally updates to a recent -fixes, not to trunk.

After a release (say 0.21) the development source tree is split in
two. trunk is the experimental version and will become 0.22. The other
branch is 0.21-fixes, which includes bugfixes to 0.21, but no new
features. When 0.22 is released there will still be trunk (which will
become 0.23) and there will be a 0.22-fixes.

However mythbuntu 9.10 is tracking trunk, in the expectation that
trunk will turn into 0.22 at about the same time as [myth|u]buntu 9.10
is released. Which to my mind is a little risky, as each new mythbuntu
seems to create its own little problems, let alone incorporating a new
major version of myth too.