[mythtv-users] ProgramInfo, Error: - should be local, but it can not be found

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:27:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm curious - is there no way to determine before I lose recordings
>>> that Comcast has moved things? That seems sort of weak. Or is no one
>>> using Myth concerned about that?
>>

>> People are *very* concerned about it-- there's just little to nothing
>> we can *do* about it, as lineup changes are transmitted to boxes in a
>> proprietary fashion, and aren't something we are able to get at.
>> Shuffling of channels, and subsequent scrambling to fix, is the plight
>> of free DVR hobbyists everywhere.
>>
>> Robert
>
> Robert,
>   OK, sorry. I didn't mean to imply anything here. It just seems
> flaky but I guess there isn't much we can do.
>
>   I was sort of wondering about some script that I might run nightly
> - say at 3AM - that would run scte65scan and compare it to the
> previous day's version. Maybe that would give me a head's up that
> something needs to be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Yep, you can do that (and it's something I've considered doing for
some Myth consulting clients of mine).  When you do, though, make sure
not to trust the version of the table-- Comcast isn't incrementing in
all market (notably, it still shows version one from my headend).
Actually do the SQL compare.

Robert