[mythtv-users] mythbuntu epg timeslots on trunk (graphite theme)

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:25:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is no longer controlled by a setting, it's controlled by the
> themer.  In Graphite, the Live TV EPG shows you "what's on now."  The
> static/non-LiveTV EPG shows you the more traditional two hour view.
>
> As to why, well... because it's what I prefer to see in those views.  :)
>
> Robert

Robert - I'm not running trunk, and do not recall seeing the Live TV
EPG screenshot of Graphite, but if I'm interpretting what I've heard
correctly it's only showing the current 1/2 hour, is that correct?  I
would think you'd at least want to show the current 30 minute slot and
next 30 minute slot, and let me tell you why.  When I browse a live TV
EPG in myth, directv, STB, whatever- my wife has this need to remind
me that when I browsing TV at later than :10 til or :20 after to look
at what's coming up, not what's ending.  So I would think you'd at
least want to have a slight horizon to look at on the EPG.  When
browsing the EPG at 8:58, it doesn't really do much good to see what's
on that instant, but be able to look ahead so that you don't miss the
begining of a show you might enjoy to watch.

Just my $.02.  Again, I have not see the theme in action yet, so you
may already do this.

Thanks!
Matt