[mythtv-users] Xubuntu Karmic Koala Alpha 6 with MythTV 0.21

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 03:10:56 UTC 2009

> I doubt you'll be able to keep 0.21 with the default repository.
> Thanks to all the dependencies, the minute you try to upgrade your
> ubuntu distribution, even if you haven't selected any mythtv package
> for update, your existing mythtv packages will be removed

Yeah I figured that would be the case. I know they disable all 3rd
party repositories during distribution upgrades. I don't really want
to trust .22 upgrade to go on at the same time as the distribution
upgrade. I think I will upgrade to .22 first. So I can keep an eye on
it and make sure the database upgrade goes smoothly etc. Then I will
switch to 9.10 later.