[mythtv-users] Issaquah WA Comcast Help

Greg Zornetzer gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:27:34 UTC 2009

Hi Pete,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Peter Loron <peterl at standingwave.org>wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2009, at 8:56 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>
>  On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Peter Loron <peterl at standingwave.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody on the list on Comcast basic in Issaquah? I'm having trouble
>>> getting
>>> the channels scanned correctly on my PVR-250. It was working great in the
>>> past, but they appear to have moved some things around or turned some
>>> channels off...
>>>

>> You may want to read this:
>>
>> http://mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan
>>
>> Eric
>>

> Ah! That's what I was looking for. I did look on the wiki, but failed to
> find anything like that. Thanks!
>
> -Pete

Does the PVR-250 support QAM, or just plain old analog?  I couldn't tell
from the product description.  If it's analog-only, you're probably getting
nailed by the digital switchover.  You may have to plug a cable box into the
composite input on your PVR-250 (assuming it exists).  I'm in Seattle, and
as of last night I still had analog as well as digital channels (clear
QAM).  However, as David mentioned, they're going to phase in encryption
sooner or later.  I may see about getting a firewire-capable box.
Good luck,
-Greg