[mythtv-users] High CPU usage on trunk and Graphite in MythVideo

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:06:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Andrew Barbaccia
<andrew.barbaccia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm been doing some load testing on trunk.
>
> I'm running the Graphite theme with OpenGL. When browsing throught the video
> wall, everything is smooth and works like a charm (great work devs!). I am
> seeing an issue when I press the 'i' key to pull up a menu. At that point
> mythfrontend and xorg both jump to 99% usage.

This is a known issue with the GL Painter interacting badly with
negative offsets used in the XML of several themes.  Unfortunately,
using the Qt painter in those same cases is generally not an option
because it creates clipping issues that make the theme virtually
unusable.

Robert