[mythtv-users] Tiger Direct $199 deal- a decent myth FE/BE ???

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 17:27:47 UTC 2009

On 9/30/09, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Tom <listmail at athenet.net> wrote:
>> How about this as a combined FE/BE for those who don't need a silent box:
>> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=5279704&sku=B69-0126&SRCCODE=WEM2042BY&cm_mmc=Email-_-Main-_-WEM2042-_-components
>>
>> LOOK AT THIS VALUE!     Our Price: $199.99      Includes:
>> Asus M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard - Qty: 1          $59.99
>> AMD Athlon II X2 215 2.7Ghz AM3 CPU OEM - Qty: 1                $54.99
>> Transcend 1024MB PC5400 DDR2 - Qty: 1           $18.99
>> Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case - Qty: 1              $39.99
>> EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB Video Card - Qty: 1            $59.99
>>
>> -----
>
> Looks like good specs for the money but I wonder if the VGA fan is
> noisy and whether that will matter in your living space?

What would concern me is the lack of expansion slots, which might not
matter if you plan to go with external tuners such as the HDHomeRun.
Also as someone who puts his MythTV boxes in visible locations in the
house (read livingroom, bedroom) that case is ... unacceptably ugly
... for where I would put a MythTV box...

> Good luck,
> Mark

Colin McGregor