[mythtv-users] Batch update of screen shots in 0.22

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 1 16:34:35 UTC 2009

On 10/01/2009 12:21 PM, Johnny wrote:
>>   If you can code in python then you can get most of the required code to do
>> batch screenshot creation and MythVideo db updates from Jamu and Miro
>> Bridge. Miro Bridge already has a working routine that creates screens shots
>> from video file using ffmpeg. While Jamu has code to read in video file
>> names and also code to find their MythVideo records, plus some other
>> routines you would need.
>>
> Would it be possible and would it be easier to get the screen shots
> from thetvdb.com? I know the resolution isn't always there on those
> but they are good enough for thumbnails or the small versions inset in
> some of the themes. The reason I prefer them is most of the screen
> shots in thetvdb have specifically been selected because the scenes
> are relevant to that specific episode. Whereas the autogenerated ones
> are frequently not useful or informative at all.

That's exactly what MythVideo does (and the "specifically
selected"/meaningful screenshots is exactly why).  Just hit W when the
item is selected or INFO|Metadata Options|Download Metadata and it only
retrieves whatever isn't already there (i.e. whatever Jamu didn't
already bring in or you didn't already enter yourself).

Mike