[mythtv-users] How do I find a mythbackend memory leak?

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:38:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:56 AM, jansenj
<jansenj+myth at gmail.com<jansenj%2Bmyth at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Generally to track down a memory leak you have to run valgrind and
>> then one of the devs or somebody who knows the code could use the data
>> from valgrind to find exactly where the leak is coming from.
>>

> Maybe I'll just leave upnp disable until I move to 0.22 then.  Thanks for
> your help.
>
> Is it normal for the upnp tables to be so big?
> -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 764063880 2009-10-01 10:43 upnpmedia.MYD
> -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 437995520 2009-10-01 10:49 upnpmedia.MYI

it helps to NOT have  a backup of root in the video directory! doh!  backend
was going crazy scanning it into the database.  remove that directory, reran
the video manager, optimize the tables...I think we're all good now