[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Thu Oct 1 10:46:24 UTC 2009

Neil Bird wrote:
> Most modern TVs claim to automatically sort themselves out, don't they
> (or am I mis-remembering)?  I still needed to do my relatively new Sony last
> night by hand.  So what is it the equipment *does* do automatically?

Before I got MythTV up and running, we used a dual tuner digifusion settop pvr box.
When you did a channel scan on that, it deliberately deleted all your recording
schedules, meaning you had to go and set them all up again - total pain in the ...,
and meant we only rescanned occasionally to fix serious issues, as most changes
were simply adding YASC (Yet Another Shopping Channel)!
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts