[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Thu Oct 1 10:32:58 UTC 2009

Simon Hobson wrote:
> Delete all channels first, then do a full scan. In the past I've sometimes found
> the first scan failed to pick up some channels (but our reception is poor at times)
> so a second scan has been needed.
>
> Then run my little script to reset the channel numbers and xmltv id's before
> starting the backend again. Oh yes, and rename ITV to "ITV2 +1".
>
> A manual run of mythfilldatabase was required as about a third of the channels had
> no guide data.

Looks like a reasonable starting point. Thanks.

I need to keep my callsigns aligned with Virgin Cable as well, but I can use that
script as a starting point. I already have something that tweaks the callsigns, but
doesn't do anything with the xmltvids, which is the bit that needs adding.

I also need to add the delete all channels step.

One other comment - you are using the regional bbc2 xmltvid, and bbc2 doesn't
transmit regional on bbc2 (only on analogue terrestrial), so you may find that
listings don't quite match sometimes.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts