[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Oct 1 08:30:50 UTC 2009

Around about 30/09/09 16:53, Simon Hobson typed ...
> I've re-scanned in the past. Because the mind numbingly crazy channel
> numbering on UK Freeview, I wrote a simple SQL script to reset the
> channel numbers to what **I** consider reasonable - it also hides all
> other channels and sets xmltv id. So after a re-scan, I just run the
> script and my channels are set up again.

   So how does the re-sync tally what is scans with what you already have?
I'd been expecting that it would not realise any of what you had (e.g,. with
diff. names/numbers) matched the ones it saw and add them again under new
chanids.  I'd kind of presumed it'd be using the channel names, which I
always [currently] tart up.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature