[mythtv-users] Small recording files since .22 / Ubuntu 9.10 upgrade

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Mon Nov 30 21:12:32 UTC 2009

Since upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10 and Mythtv .22 my recording files are about
half the size previously created in .21.  A one hour show has gone from
about 1.5GB to 850MB.  This would be great except that the video quality is
terrible as well.  I have checked my default profiles and they appear to
remain set the same as before the upgrade.

I created a new recording profile to test different settings.  While setting
up a test recording I am unable to select the new profile.  This leads me to
believe that something is messed with my recording profiles.  A .csv of my
recordingprofile table is attached.  Are there supposed to be that many
entries?

My backend log file has these entries which seem troublesome to me:
mpegrecorder.cpp:set_ctrls(): Could not set Video Average Bitrate to
4000000  eno: Numerical result out of range (34)
[mpeg2video @ 0x12836c0]Missing picture start code

As always, any help is appreciated.
-Mark