[mythtv-users] Best latest Ion Boards?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:52:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jarod and Tom
>> Thanks for the input. Very helpfl!
>>
>> What do people use for remote control on an ION board?
>
> I have two USB based MCE clone/compatible remotes, and they work
> fantastically. FC10 (and I presume anything higher) LIRC automatically
> sees it, and using the MCE config file, I don't have to do anything
> other than modify the MythTV lircrc file to match up. I paid around
> $30 CDN for one. It is the Mediagate GP-IR01BK.

Tom, is that for the remote, the USB I/R dongle, or both?
i currently have a Logitech Harmony 670 as my remote and i'm using the
I/R receiver that came with my PVR-250.  but in my new ION F/E (that
should arrive today :) i won't have room for the PVR-250, so no I/R
receiver.
initially i'm planning on trying to use the I/R receiver that's built
into my HDHR, but i've heard that's tricky to get working and then a
so-so solution...

--
Andrew Close