[mythtv-users] TTVDB lookup does not work on Centos

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 01:32:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Fedor Pikus <fpikus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just upgraded my centos-based Myth box to mythtv 0.22. When I
> tried the new movie database lookup, I noticed that it has different
> scripts for TV episodes and movies. The TV script does not seem to
> work:
>
> /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/ttvdb.py -N "Stargate Atlantis 100 -
> Rising"
>
> The modules tvdb_api.py (v1.0.0 or greater), tvdb_ui.py,
> tvdb_exceptions.py and cache.py must be
> in the same directory as ttvdb.py. They should have been included with
> the distribution of ttvdb.py.

It is somewhat complicated, but you need to install Python 2.6 in a parallel
installation.  This site seems to have the proper packages:

http://www.geekymedia.com/tech-articles/rhel5-centos5-rpms-for-python-2-5-and-2-6/

Once you do this, you need to modify any python script like ttvdb.py so that
the first line reads "python26" instead of "python".  You will also likely
need to modify parts of the MythTV installation for the python bindings to
use "python26" where "python" is used and install various support packages
into your python26 installation.  It can be done, but takes a little
patience and understanding.

Kevin