[mythtv-users] BBC iplayer

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Nov 29 22:29:02 UTC 2009

nospam312 wrote:
>> Whats the best way to get access to the BBC iplayer (and hopefully, itv player
>> and maybe others) with 0.22-fixes ?
>>

> MythTV providing a nice interface to iplayer/itvplayer etc would make
> MythTV an absolutely fantastic application however so far I have not
> found a solution to this problem.  If someone had the skills I guess
> you may be able to use the functionality of getiplayer somehow but I
> suspect it would not be a simple job.  If I could vote on the next big
> thing MythTV should support it is this functionality.

I was hoping that it would be easy (using the new MythUI stuff) (for
somebody  in the know) to create a page with an embedded webrowser that
just navigated to the bbc iplayer big screen implementation.  Would be
better than my previous solution of calling out to firefox in full
screen.  You'd still need to grab a mouse/keyboard for navigation, but
it wouldn't be too shoddy.

Robert.