[mythtv-users] Stuttering audio with DTS passthrough in 0.22-fixes

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Sat Nov 28 21:47:44 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I have always used mplayer as my preferred media player in MythTV, but I
thought I would try out the internal player.  It integrates nicely with
MythTV for a consistent look and feel, but I have problems on BluRay
rips with DTS tracks.  I have DTS passthrough enabled (as well as AC3
passthrough), which works fine with mplayer, but with the internal
player I get stuttering audio.  Movies with AC3 tracks play fine with
AC3 passthrough.

Here's a 20-second test clip in case someone wants to try it:
http://download.statuspro.tv/test-001.mkv

I get identical results with VDPAU and CPU+ profiles.  BTW, I had to
increase the VDPAU buffer size to 23 to be able to play all my movies
(with DTS passthrough disabled).

Anyone else having this problem?

My hardware:

ZOTAC GF8200-C-E AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500021>
Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver

My software:
Debian Squeeze
mythfrontend version: branches/release-0-22-fixes [22860M] www.mythtv.org
2.6.30.9 kernel built with LIRC patches for HD-PVR IR blasting/receiving

Thanks!
-- Kevin