[mythtv-users] ERROR: Master backend tried to connect back to itself!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 28 21:22:59 UTC 2009

#3270 fixed all known locations where we have code that could result in
an event loop.  We need to identify new locations so they can be fixed.

If you're able to identify such a location (by doing as Daniel suggested
and adding an abort--or even with a gdb breakpoint--to stop execution
when the error is printed) and capture a backtrace, just upload it to a
new ticket that mentions an event loop and whose description contains
the entire error message about the master backend connecting to itself.

Thanks,
Mike