[mythtv-users] ERROR: Master backend tried to connect back to itself!

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 21:08:55 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 11/28/2009 03:38 PM, Michael Tiller wrote:
>
>  On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>

>>> We really need a good backtrace with debug symbols to /fix/ this issue.
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging (again, 9months later, still asking
>>> Ubuntu users to finish up the Ubuntu section with specifics).
>>>
>> Sorry, I assumed this was probably a configuration issue more than a bug.
>> Is there something that makes you think it is a bug?  I'm only asking
>> because I'm not really very good at being able to distinguish the two.
>>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/408168#408168
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/297745#297745

Ah, I see.  It wasn't clear to me that this was a known issue.  I thought
your response was more of a "well if you want help, give us a backtrace".  I
didn't realize there was some existing context for knowing this was in the C
code.  At least I didn't realize it.  That is why I was puzzled since the
debugging page specifically talks about crashes and this wasn't a crash.

> Huge thanks to Mario for filling in the Ubuntu debug section at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Debugging_with_Ubuntu_packages .  All
> the info you need is now there.

I'm a bit confused.  According to the link you gave me, ticket #3720 was
closed two years ago.  If I dig up debugging information, is there an open
ticket I should report it to?  I couldn't find a way to search the existing
tickets (which seems a bit odd in an of itself).

--
Mike