[mythtv-users] ERROR: Master backend tried to connect back to itself!

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:25:32 UTC 2009

2009/11/28 Michael Tiller <michael.tiller at gmail.com>:

> 2009-11-28 08:44:40.069 Scheduler, Warning: Listings source 'Dish Network'
> is defined, but is not attached to a card input.
> 2009-11-28 08:44:40.073 Scheduler, Warning: Listings source 'Digital
> Broadcast' is defined, but is not attached to a card input.
> 2009-11-28 08:44:40.076 Scheduler, Warning: Listings source 'Comcast' is
> defined, but is not attached to a card input.
> 2009-11-28 08:44:40.091 Enabling Upnpmedia rebuild thread.
>
> I have no idea what is going on here and/or what this has to do with my
> other issue (of not finding some of my recording devices) but it doesn't
> look good.  Any ideas?

I'm wondering if your hostname has recently changed?

If so:

Make sure in mythtv-setup that your hostname/IP configuration for
mythbackend is correct. You probably need to recreate your capture
cards in mythtv-setup (choose the "Delete All Capture Cards" option on
the capture cards page first to completely remove the old entries) to
ensure that they are configured for your current hostname. Then,
you'll need to re-attach your existing video sources to their
respective inputs on the input connections page.

You do not need to touch your video source/channels configuration, as
these are globally configured and hostname agnostic.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott