[mythtv-users] After upgrading to fedora 12 I can no longer use my remote with myth

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 03:17:21 UTC 2009

I just upgraded to Fedora 12 and now I am unable to use my remote with
myth.  I can run irw and see keystrokes and my irexec commands still
work, but myth does not recognize anything.  When I load up myth, I
see this in the console:
2009-11-25 19:05:31.525 LIRC, Error: Failed to connect to Unix socket
'/dev/lircd'
                        eno: No such file or directory (2)

And I do not have a file called /dev/lircd (although I do have
/dev/lirc (which is a symlink to /dev/lirc0).  How do I fix this?

Thanks