[mythtv-users] Never built a system from scratch - will this work?

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 22:53:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

My myth box just bit the dust and I'm clamoring to have a replacement
ready as soon as possible.  Since I've never built one from scratch I
was wondering if I'll be ok with this setup:

----------
GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD
Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128394

Antec New Solution NSK2480 Black/Silver 0.8mm cold-rolled steel MicroATX
Desktop Computer Case 380W Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129034

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W
Dual-Core Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103681
-----------

One thing I'm concerned about is whether the motherboard will fit in the
case.  I tried looking at the pictures, but I'm having a tough time
determining if all the back panel jacks and stuff will line up with
opening.  I intend to move my 2 PVR 150's into it as well.

I'm planning to use my existing IDE disks but it looks like it will only
support two of them.  (I have 3)

Do you think I should not use the onboard VATI ideo card and get an Nvidia?

If this case is too tight, what would you recommend that also has 24+8
power leads?

Thank you!
Rick