[mythtv-users] 0.22-fixes livetv -- skip back broken

sdkovacs sdkovacs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:49:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:52 AM, sdkovacs <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> On 11/21/2009 10:51 PM, sdkovacs wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm using 0.22 fixes from ATrpms, outputing via Nvidia 8400GS VDPAU.
>>>
>>> The skip back button does nothing in livetv but works perfectly
>>> (rewinds 5 seconds) in watch recordings. I apologize in advance for
>>> watching livetv, but there's football on now.
>>>
>>> Is this a known bug with livetv?
>>
>> H.264 output?  This could easily happen due to the lack of a seek table.
>>  IIRC, for H.264 recordings, we're not sending seek table updates to the
>> player while recording because they caused more problems than not sending
>> them (so we're relying on the libav* seeking, which isn't as accurate and
>> might not work with such a small skip).
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> No, this is MPEG-2 output from a PVR-350 and PVR-150. I'll try to get
> verbose output from mythfrontend sometime today.

My wife experienced the problem with skip back not working in LiveTV
again. I changed the mythfrontend command line parameter to -v
playback. Hopefully it's enough to find something useful.

$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 22885
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes/mythtv/
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.4.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack
using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3
using_live using_mheg

The logfile is on pastebin because the output is large, but I can post
to the users list if you feel it's appropriate

http://pastebin.com/f1cebcc71

-Steve