[mythtv-users] pvr-250 - I can hear the sounds, but they don't record

Mary Strimel mary.strimel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:53:30 UTC 2009

hello,
 I have my cable box hooked to the s-video of pvr-250.  A sound cable
from the STB is plugged in to line-in on the pvr-250.

While I'm recording, if I unmute the "line" channel, I can hear the
sound so I know it's getting to the card. However the resulting
recordings have no sound.  How to troubleshoot?  I've tried monkeying
around with the mixer settings to no end.  Everything else about the
setup has not been changed from the defaults (ubuntu 9.10 with myth
.22).

Thanks
Mary