[mythtv-users] Do storage groups care if partition size changes?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Nov 25 04:11:14 UTC 2009

    > Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:33:34 -0500
    > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    > Also, note that newegg is carrying the 2TB Seagates for $139.99 at
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148413 .  I'm
    > not recommending Seagate or this particular drive or newegg or
    > anything--just mentioning the price.

...though reading the reviews may help explain why Newegg dropped the
price $40.  (The reviews of the Seagate 1.5T were pretty bad; these
look worse.)  I don't think it's just respondent bias, since not every
drive on Newegg's site has such bad reviews.  Pity; I was a big fan of
Seagate up until I started hearing about the 1.5T's.  (Mike, I know
you have some Seagate 1.5T's you're happy with, so clearly not -every-
Seagate drive was a loser, but I'd be nervous about buying drives with
this sort of track record, so I figured I'd mention it so people at
least read the reviews before making up their minds.)