[mythtv-users] VDPAU and 9500GT

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Nov 25 02:51:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 16:25 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
>  have you gone through the list of
> things here http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Vdpau#Troubleshooting and the
> following section on  CPU Frequency Scaling (the latter is a common
> successful fix)

I did these things. Probably should have done them one at a time but I
didn't have that much time. It appears that Fedora 10 also uses the
"ridiculous" 95% up_threshold for CPU frequency scaling. I didn't know
what was a reasonable value so I used 50.

The result of all this: VDPAU High Quality still produces jerky
playback. Still can't do Advanced deinterlacing. However, the VDPAU
Normal (Temporal deinterlacing) now does work without jerkiness. So some
improvement, but not as good as it ought to be.

I haven't had a chance to play with the vdpau testing program yet
(http://hftom.free.fr/qvdpautest-0.3.tar.gz) but will hopefully have
time for that over the holiday weekend.

--Greg