[mythtv-users] HD-PVR as IR receiver under Mythbuntu, advice needed

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 25 02:34:11 UTC 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 5:49 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:

> > The driver has to poll the IR chip to see if a new signal has arrived. If it doesn't poll the IR chip, you'll never know that a button was pressed, rendering the receiver non-functional.
>
> I mean to say, do you mean the problem is that the lirc driver stopped polling or the box stopped responding to the polls.  It sounds from your first comment though that you don't have enough data to say which it is.

My understanding is that in-progress recordings simply halt, and the thing is unable to record anymore until a reboot. Not sure if the IR part is also hung at that point.

> I'll be happy to compile both drivers with debug info.  It'll likely be a week or three before the hardware gets here and I have everything to the point where I can do that.

Don't need to compile with any special debug options, just load the modules with their respective debug=x module parameters.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com