[mythtv-users] Entering Watch Recordings causes slave backend to disconnect

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:28:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> > During the reboot process it did hang at the "Killing ALSA processes"
> stage,
> > so maybe it was something to do with that???
>

> Is this trunk or 0.22-fixes?  There's an uninvestigated rumor that
> there's a massive file handle leak in at least trunk where the file
> handles are to the ALSA control device.

I believe the gentoo ebuilds pull from 0.22-fixes.

I had a different problem with my HDHR in 22860 which is detailed in another
thread (http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2009-November/272027.html).
Without a solution to that problem I downgraded to the next lower version in
an ebuild, 22824 and that's when this problem showed up.  It's possible the
problem I had with 22860 was the source of this problem as I did not reboot
the system, only restarted the backend after the downgrade.