[mythtv-users] For HD Myth users, what is/was your cost?

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Nov 24 16:05:03 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:

> But the bottom line is, detailed explantions about how we all built our
> systems are probably not the most useful way for people today to make
> decisions about how to go about building a system. Many wrong turns and dead
> ends can be avoided by looking at what the final results are, not the routes
> we took to get there.
>
> Costs are so variable with time and location that it's unlikely anyone would
> be able to precisely duplicate them, and the present day cost of hardware is
> easily determined without having to poll hundreds of users.

This is all true for the seasoned Myth user but for someone just getting
into it or considering getting in to it, real world costs are quite
valuable for putting things in perspective. The more recent the better.
The op is not looking for exact prices/specs in order to duplicate a
system. In fact, he did not ask for "detailed explanations about how we
all built our systems", he was trying to see the big picture and decide
if it is worth it for him. IMO there is no better way than to ask those
that have done it.

Me thinks you may want to re-read the original post. :-)