[mythtv-users] jamu and dvd folders

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Tue Nov 24 02:07:52 UTC 2009

>> Can someone throw together a brief example of their folder structure and
>> how to use Jamu for mass update?  (I'm still trying to rebuild my media
>> library after a move to 0.22)
>
> It shouldn't matter where they are or how your folder structure is. If
> they are in Mythvideo then jamu will update them. You can setup
> mythvideo on the frontend under media settings just like you always
> have. Or you can move them into video storage groups by setting that
> up on the backend with mythtv-setup. However, if you have DVD iso
> files then you probably just want to stick with the old way and hold
> out until they get ISOs working with video storage groups. Then in
> mythVideo hit 'M' to bring up the menu and choose scan for changes.
> Jamu will find the videos that have been imported to mythvideo. Read
> the wiki page first: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu

I read the Jamu wiki, I read the link I cited about DVDs.

I was thrown off by the interactive Jamu session wanting to parse
VTS_03_01.VOB and so forth over several DVDs that were right next to
regular .AVIs

I'm not using .ISOs.

So again, if my shared folder of movies is like this:

\movie.avi
\movie2\VIDEO_TS
\movie2\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_01.VOB

Do I need to do anything to tell jamu to parse and create two entries
rather than an entry per .VOB file?