[mythtv-users] limiting size of a storage group

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 00:25:30 UTC 2009

Hi list,

Is it possible to limit how big a storage group is?  I am running out
of room on my mythbox but have tons of room on my windows computer.  I
am considering creating a shared drive on the windows computer,
mounting it on my windows box, and making that mount point a storage
group to be recorded to.  However, I want to limit the size so myth
recordings don't overtake the computer.  Is this possible?

I see that there is a free space setting, but it appears that it
allocates that much free space for each storage group, so it would
affect the local storage as well.  I suppose I could create a
partition on the windows machine dedicated for this purpose, but would
like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks