[mythtv-users] help picking FE/BE components

Joe Wilson wilson.joe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 23:54:53 UTC 2009

I know this is a bit off the topic , but I can't help bringing it up..
I remember when frys was called the fabulous universe or something like
that,
thats where I had gotten my first taste of linux.. they had every distro on
disc
available for purchase.. and I got myself Red Hat... and I bough a few of
the
little stuffed penguins they had on display. The store manager here in
Wilsonville
claims that it didnt happen, but I don't think the guy must of been working
there then.
In fact I still got the two stuffed penguins next to my speakers on my
dresser
setup to my ipod and docking station & I might still have the redhat discs
and large
manual in a box somewhere....

Anyway the real reason for this post was about a motherboard I was looking
at
over at Newegg..

GigaByte GA-EP45T-UD3LR LGA 775 INTEL P45 ATX INTEL MOTHERBOARD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128371

The reason it caught my eye was the 6 sata, 4 pci-e x1, 1 pci-e 16 and 2 pci
slots.
I don't seem to find any pci slots that often anymore. one might be able to
push
upto 6 tuners in there, and a graphic card..  It doesn't come with onboard
graphics,
which is a plus if one was going to add a card anyway. Im not sure if
something
like this would work or not..