[mythtv-users] MythCloud/Grid

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 23 23:36:30 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 November 2009 16:14:29 John wrote:
> I have a half dozen racked servers with the latest Ubuntu release
> loaded and ready to go that I would be happy to make available for
> such a project.  They are powered up and spinning away looking for
> something to do.

What about network connectivity? I have a lot of computing power available as
well, but bandwidth is a limiting factor, especially outbound bandwidth,
which is at a premium with most residential connections.

I suspect such a setup might violate the residential EULA from most ISPs. I
know that my ISP specifically bars servers of any type, which is why I have a
business account.

It would probably be inevitable that your "users" would want to use tons of
bandwidth just when you needed it most, Edsel Murphy still lives.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org