[mythtv-users] For HD Myth users, what is/was your cost?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Nov 23 22:47:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 3:11 PM, JEDIDIAH <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>   Now my master backend is a big ugly thing meant to be as convenient as
> possible. ($600 for the basic system, $150 for the hot swap rack, plus the
> cost of drives)

Quite so. My master backend lives in a VM on my file server. It's a big ugly
beast, but it also has the hot-swap racks and such to make maintence easy. 8
total drive bays with 4 more planned when I get money to order the drives.
Primary OS is OpenSolaris as I wanted ZFS. The VM is running Ubuntu 9.10
with Myth and the netboot server. The Frontends are diskless. If I were to
buy the Revo boxes, I'd remove the HDD and netboot them. The HDD would
become a backup tape. :)