[mythtv-users] For HD Myth users, what is/was your cost?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 23 22:44:58 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 November 2009 14:48:22 Mark Garland wrote:
> > I suggest that "polls" of this nature solicit responses directly to the
> > original poster, who would then summarize the responses in a single post,

> > It's not that I don't think it's reasonable to use this list as a polling
> > vehicle, I just think it is more efficient if the responses go to a
> > single individual, and a final summation of the data is all that most
> > users here are likely to want.
>
> Could I suggest that both are done?
> Being one for detail, I enjoy reading all the responses, and it gives me
> fresh ideas of what can be achieved with the Myth software.  Different
> people have quite different ideas for their hardware, so if they are kind
> enough to detail what they have, we can all benefit from their experiences.
> However, for the people who don't like details, a summary email from the OP
> at the end may give them all they need.

Good, a "best of both worlds" approach. Anyone who doesn't want to have to
delete a lot of posts they don't want to wade through could easily just
filter on the subject.

Actually the "original poster posts a summary" aapproach could be used with
many of the threads here, with "SUMMARY" in the subject, or "SOLVED", if
appropriate.

It's always fun when you find a thread describing the precise problem you are
having. You eagerly follow the discussion, only to have it disappear,
presumably when the OP solves his problem. Very frustrating.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org