[mythtv-users] SF Bay Comcast Analog Armageddon Has Begun

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 22:41:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Ross Campbell <ross.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> <rant>
> I find it particularly insulting that Comcast is slowly crippling
> their devices and services one zipcode at a time so that at any given
> time only a handful of customers are screaming.
>
> From my perspective, the logical outcome of the
> DTV/HD/cablecard/encryption fiasco is that it will effectively kill
> off cable TV (how would this impact broadcast TV?) due to unnecessary
> complexity and accelerate everyone's move to streaming video sites --

This would be *your* desired outcome.  In reality, the few people who
drop their cable service in response to this behavior will likely be
greatly outweighed by the revenue generated by all the nontechnical
users who went from renting zero cable boxes to renting three cable
boxes for each of the televisions in their household.

Sad, but probably the reality of it.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller