[mythtv-users] For HD Myth users, what is/was your cost?

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 21:48:22 UTC 2009

> I suggest that "polls" of this nature solicit responses directly to the
> original poster, who would then summarize the responses in a single post,
> It's not that I don't think it's reasonable to use this list as a polling
> vehicle, I just think it is more efficient if the responses go to a single
> individual, and a final summation of the data is all that most users here
> are likely to want.

Could I suggest that both are done?
Being one for detail, I enjoy reading all the responses, and it gives me
fresh ideas of what can be achieved with the Myth software.  Different
people have quite different ideas for their hardware, so if they are kind
enough to detail what they have, we can all benefit from their experiences.
However, for the people who don't like details, a summary email from the OP
at the end may give them all they need.

> Of course I could be wrong, but I think it might better if data that
> pertains to individual users, what equipment thery have and how much money
> they have spent etc. might be better not going to a public archived list.
> Perhaps I'm being paranoid, but it never hurts to be careful.
It doesn't, and people must be careful to keep details to a minimum that
could give their location away.

MG