[mythtv-users] Ubunto upgrade from 22-fixes-SVN to packages?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Mon Nov 23 19:14:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM, mark <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont think I have a solid handle on this, so before I break things, I
> would like to clarify.  Pardon the barrage of questions.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 9.10 and update from time to time from SVN on 22-fixes.
>
> If I wanted to simply start using packages for Myth, can I just easily move
> to ubuntu Mythtv 22 fixes packages?  Just install the packages and disable
> the SVN install or remove the SVN install?
> Where/what are the 22-fixes repositories?
> Do the packages follow SVN fixes? How often do the packages get updated to
> follow fixes?
>
> Thoughts?

I've not done the migration from svn to package, so I can't speak to that.
You can park on 22-fixes by running through this script:
http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds, which if you select 0.22, will
result in adding this PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/trunk-0.22

Note: if you see references to "trunk 0.22", don't worry... that's
just leftover verbage from before when the 0.22 branch was created.
It will stay on -fixes.

   Marc