[mythtv-users] Why does mythtv responds to lirc when in the background?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 23 15:37:14 UTC 2009

On 11/23/2009 10:05 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:
> At 4:46 PM -0500 11/21/09, David Smiley wrote:
>> 1. mythfrontend doesn't respond to my remote control for the first
>> two minutes or so from having launched it.
>
> Are you sure this isn't due to you having just turned on your LCD TV?
> This sounds very similar to what I see when my remote's batteries are
> a little bit weak: the flickering of the TV's backlight for the first
> two minutes or so after being turned on overpowers the IR signal from
> the remote. After that time, the backlight settles down and the remote
> works normally.

Also, this will happen if you have media inserted into any "managed"
drive and have media monitoring enabled.  Myth will spend some time
trying to read all information on the files on the drive each time you
start up so it can figure out which plugin to start to allow you to use
that media.

Solution: eject the removable media.  (Applies to CD's, DVD's, SD cards,
Flash keys, ...)

Mike